- Joint IEEE EMC and Asia Pacific EMC Symposium’s Outstanding Young Scientist Award to Dr. Jun Guo
- EPFL special distinction to Reza Razzaghi for his thesis “Fast Simulation of Electromagnetic Transients in Power Systems: Numerical Solvers and their Coupling with the Electromagnetic Time Reversal Process”
- ISWL Best Presentation Award to Mohammad Azadifar
- URSI Young Scientist Awards to Mohammad Azadifar and David Becerra, Montreal
- Farhad Rachidi was the recipient of 2017 Motohisa Kanda Award for the most cited paper of the IEEE Transactions on EMC in the past five years
- The 2017 Richard B. Schulz Best Transactions Paper Award was given to a paper authored by members of the EMC and the DESL labs
- Zhaoyang Wang receives the ASIAEM Best Student Paper Award
- Farhad Rachidi is the recipient of the Karl Berger award for his distinguished achievements in lightning research
- Best Paper Award for the EMC Laboratory
- Farhad Rachidi was appointed Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE EMC Society
- Certificate of Appreciation from the IEEE EMC Society to Farhad Rachidi for outstanding contributions as Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on EMC
- Nicolas Mora and Akiyoshi Tatematsu received for the second consecutive year the title of Distinguished Reviewer of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
- Best MS Thesis Award for Giacomo Cicconi
- Young Scientist Award for Nicolas Mora
- Nicolas Mora and Akiyoshi Tatematsu received the title of Distinguished Reviewer of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
- Alexander Smorgonskiy receives the Young Scientist Award at the 32nd International Conference on Lightning Protection, Shanghai, China
- Prof. Rachidi has been conferred the title of Honorary Professor of the Xi’an Jiaotong University, China.
- 4 papers of the EPFL EMC Lab are among the top 50 most referenced papers of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility (1964-2013)
- Best Paper Award for Felix Vega, EUROEM, Toulouse, France, July 2012
- Awards to Alexander Smorgonskiy and Carlos Romero at the 31st International Conference on Lightning Protection
- Best Student Paper Award for Alexander Smorgonskiy, 7th Asia Pacific International Conf. on Lightning
- Abbas Mosaddeghi and Keyhan Sheshyekani Awarded at the 29th International Conference on Lightning Protection (ICLP), Uppsala, Sweden, June 2008.
- The paper “Influence of a Lossy Ground on Lightning_induced Voltages on Overhead Lines” by F. Rachidi et al. among the most referenced IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility papers.
- The Ph.D. Thesis of Davide Pavanello ranked among the top ten (best 3%) theses of EPFL in 2007.
- Farhad Rachidi receives the 2006 Blondel Medal.
- Davide Pavanello, the recipient of an award at the 28th International Conference on Lightning Protection (ICLP), Kanazawa, Japan, September 2006.
- Farhad Rachidi Elected to the Grade of EMP Fellow for contributions to the coupling of EM fields radiated by lightning, July 2006.
- CIGRE (International Council on Large Electric Systems) Technical Committee Award to Farhad Rachidi
- ABB Award to Emmanuel Marthe
- URSI Young Scientist Award to Ana Vukicevic
- IEEE Technical Achievement Award to Farhad Rachidi for outstanding contributions to the understanding of lightning discharge and its electromagnetic effects
- José Luis Bermudez recipient of ABB Award and the Award of the Swiss Association of Natural Sciences
- Best IEEE EMC Transactions paper award,
- F. Tesche, A Kalin, B. Brandli, B. Reusser, M. Ianoz, D. Tabara, P. Zweiacker, “Estimates of Lightning Induced Voltage Stresses Within Buried Shielded Cables”, IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 40, No 4, pp. 492-504, November 1998
- Best Paper Award, International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Rome, September 1996,
- D. Orzan, F. Rachidi, M. Ianoz, P. Baraton, F. Audran, “Electromagnetic field coupling to shielded cables: methodology and experimental validation”, International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, EMC’96 Roma, Vol. 2, pp. 532-537, September 17-20 1996